Places to ride in South Brisbane

Going for a ride and want some company? Need suggestions for a new venue? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

ossaandy
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Ossa290i
Club: LRMC

Re: Places to ride in South Brisbane

Postby ossaandy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks Sharpie. I'll be at SQTA this weekend. I'll look for you 'somehow'. I'm on an Ossa.
Cheers
Andrew

sharpie
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: 2011 Sherco 250
Club: Oakleigh & SQTA

Postby sharpie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 pm

I will be there with the wife camping, if you want to find me I'm in a black Navara and riding a 250 Sherco.

Sharpie.

noobmeister
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby noobmeister » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:17 am

had a quick ride down that way a year ago. just bought my first trials bike so hoping it's still okay down that way with quiet bikes and responsible riding?

DanielSherco290
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: GasGasTxT
Club: Queensland

Postby DanielSherco290 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:32 pm

Alright Fellas, Im always up for a ride, I ride a GasGas 2011 250 and live in Carina, Southside Brizzy

Ive been down Omeau and Queensland Motor Park and i also know a place down Canungra,

Add us on Facebook or give us a call

Daniel Tuttle

noobmeister
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby noobmeister » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:41 pm

popped down to ormeau last friday and looks like a no go now. they have a full time ranger dude during the week, then on the weekends regular patrols from the local quarry who now own the land, in conjunction with police at times. seems all the mx bikes screaming through have messed it up for everyone as all the local residents are up in arms over the noise.

bgradesherco
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Sherco 290

Postby bgradesherco » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:38 pm

^^^That and late last year a bloke rolled his fourby and died, family tried to sue the quarry for lack of duty of care or similar.

DanielSherco290
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: GasGasTxT
Club: Queensland

Postby DanielSherco290 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 am

http://gapcreekfarmstay.com.au

$20 for the day and can camp over 950 aches of riding

noobmeister
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby noobmeister » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Samy wrote:Hopefully the new bike park between Beaudesert and boonah will be open soon. They will apparently have a designated trials only area!
Cheers

i was down at qld moto park last year and saw the trials "warm up area" as they called it, a small pile of logs and obstacles set up near the carpark. they say there are two dedicated natural terrain areas up the hill overlooking the mx tracks, has anyone checked them out? i'm not really keen at over $40 for a day's riding but could get desperate enough if there aren't any options on a given weekend.

daniel, the place you mention at canungra, is that the land owned by the trials bike shop down there? be interested in coming along some time as the terrain around there would have to have some great riding.

i joined the western districts trials club which has a brilliant property out at esk for practice but it is a fair hike to get out there each time so keen to see what other options are around.

Return to “Going for a Ride”