LOGS!!

Discussions, newsletters about matters relating to women in trials.

Moderator: Moderators

richardr
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Gas gas TXT 250

LOGS!!

Postby richardr » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:25 pm

Hey, Seiko . .

How did you like THE LOG at the MCTQ Trial last weekend? I wasn't around at any time to see you on Saturday or Sunday having a go at it.

seiko
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: montesa repsol 4RT
Club: RTC

Postby seiko » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:16 pm

Hey Richard,

yeah, um, well i got over the log, but with a two point dab, that being one foot on either side of the bike..... i mean geez it was just a bloody ramp really... just that it looked like a log! :? I thought that if i could just at least ride up to it, get the bash plate on then rock over it was enough of an achievement. Had no problem with the rest of the section. My father-in-law has me at log-boot camp each sunday from now on. As you said, just need to find that aggression and hit it, not wuss out each time on approach.

Have been focusing on lifting the front wheel up with a bit more comfort as opposed to just power-wheelieing (which isnt too controllable...) But I was quite glad to see that the remaining sections at the trial were log free 8)

Heading down to the Womens' Cup in Canberra in May to compete in the hope that the large collection of female riders may help boost my confidence. We shall see anyhoo..... But gee wizz once I get these logs, skies the limit eh?

jmclean
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Montesa
Club: WDTC

Postby jmclean » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:24 pm

In the relatively short times I was queued at or near that section I saw many come to grief off it.

Return to “Women in Trials”