AIS Camp + Sherco Women's Cup

Discussions, newsletters about matters relating to women in trials.

Moderator: Moderators

BAT Woman
LittleMissBrainy
LittleMissBrainy

AIS Camp + Sherco Women's Cup

Postby BAT Woman » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:58 pm

ATTENTION ALL WOMEN & GIRLS!
SHERCO WOMEN’S CUP & AIS CAMP
The Sherco Australian Women’s Cup is on in just over 3 weeks, here in Canberra, on Sunday 20 May. If there is one Open Trial you ride in all year this is the one to do.
If you don’t have your licence yet you just have time to get it.
I believe there were lots of Victorian female riders at Glenmaggie, come on one & all, team up & make the trip to Canberra. I know there are a number of Queensland riders who are keen to come, just need to organizing some car pooling. Let me know if you are coming & we might be able to get you in touch with others.
We have a class for everyone.
‘Expert Women’ ride B grade
‘Sports Women’ ride C grade
‘Novice Women’ ride club grade
‘Junior Women’ ride club grade
‘Sub-Junior Women’ (U12) ride club grade
There are trophies for each class plus there are great random prizes up for grabs.
Just today, I received word from MA that there are a few places available to for Women/Girls to apply for the AIS Mototrial Camp being held on Wednesday 16th to Friday 17th May. It is for Women/Girls who feel that it is possible for them to make an Australian team in the next 1 - 2 years. Applications close Friday 27th but they will be kept open til Tuesday 1st May. So, if that is for you, get cracking!
Please find attached Application form.

PA
2IC
2IC
Bike: Beta EVO
Club: AJS Moto Trial Club of SA Inc.

Postby PA » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:31 pm

seiko
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: montesa repsol 4RT
Club: RTC

Postby seiko » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:18 pm

Hey Bev!

Yeah coming down for the Cup, would love to also participate in the Training Camp also but I only have 1 year of trials riding exp under my belt so not yet quite Aussie Team material :wink:

Do you know how many female riders have applied to go to that camp already? If there isn't enough interest from our better riders would it be possible for me to send in my interest? Could certainly do with the help in regards to fitness and health and very much benefit from the day of riding-specific training....

Yes I am driving down from QLD, not aware of any other ladies as yet that are driving from up here.. Unfortunetly Angela is unable to come this time round as she has just started a new job so time off is out of the question. I am coming down in a large van so if there is anyone that you know of that is also coming down I can certaintly give them a lift and also plenty of room in the back for another bike or 2...

Will keep in touch.

Shayne. (Gladstone)

BAT Woman
LittleMissBrainy
LittleMissBrainy

Postby BAT Woman » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:03 am

Hey Shayne,
great to hear you are coming down for the Women's Cup, big effort. Please if there are any other women riders keen for a lift down, get in contact with Shayne.
Sorry, I do not know how many women have applied for the camp. I know of two, for sure. You could contact Daniel Hutchison at MA & speak to him about applying, but you better be quick!
It is a shame Angela & Sammy are not coming down, we need some more subjuniors, cannot twist their arms, can you?
Anyhow, keep me posted.
Catch ya!
Bev

seiko
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby seiko » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:16 pm

Have emailed Daniel with the application form along with a letter. Will keep my fingers crossed! Tis a long way to come down from Gladstone so would be a great thing to have two things to attend.

seiko
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby seiko » Thu May 03, 2007 3:13 pm

Got the reply back from MA...

I'll be heading down for the AIS Camp and then staying at the Gundaroo property on the Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to meeting you all finally and riding at the trial! Guess I had better start practicing some more. :D

Shayne
VIVA Montesa

BAT Woman
LittleMissBrainy
LittleMissBrainy

Postby BAT Woman » Thu May 03, 2007 5:00 pm

Hey Shane,
that is great news. Well done!
What grade do you think you will be riding at the Women's Cup? If you could let me know that would be a great help.
I am trying to get trophies sorted so if any women/girls are coming could they please, please, please let me know & which grade they intend to ride. Many, many thanks!
Bev
austranter@netspeed.com.au

seiko
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby seiko » Thu May 03, 2007 6:07 pm

Angela mentioned that when she went down there the Clubman sections were to a standard of our lower grade up here...? I thought I would enter as Novice, then after having a quick look at the sections on the Saturday I can then decide whether or not to go up to Sportswomen. I would like to try the C grade lines, but I shall check out the level of difficulty once there. I'll be camping over at the Gundaroo property from the Friday night till Monday morning so will see you round eh? :D

seiko
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby seiko » Fri May 04, 2007 7:20 am

Been speaking to Angela, we have twisted many arms but end result is we shall she her and Sam soming down for the Trial! yeah! She will try and fly down on the Fri arvo, I'll grab her from the airport and then head to site, we'll camp till monday morn, then hitch a ride back with me to Gladstone. It's all good.

BAT Woman
LittleMissBrainy
LittleMissBrainy

Postby BAT Woman » Fri May 04, 2007 10:21 am

Awesome!!
Angela rang me last night, it is all good, especially for women's mototrials. We have 10 women & girls so far who have confirmed they are riding.
Now, who else is coming????
Can we try & exceed last years record of 18?
Sure we can, take the challenge!
Catch ya!
Bev

Return to “Women in Trials”