Blog from K-Dog! European Invasion TDN Style!

Discussions, newsletters about matters relating to women in trials.

Moderator: Moderators

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Blog from K-Dog! European Invasion TDN Style!

Postby The Hell Team » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:04 am

I'm getting regular updates from Kristie McKinnon on her 2010 TDN Trip. I'll pass them on below:

Aug 31:
Me, Ailsa and Col are at Sydney Airport about to board...... Brookey is being our stand in Shell, but she doesn't leave until Sunday.

Sept 1:
We arrived in Poland with no troubles, and we have picked up the van - it's a Renault. We all decided to name it Shell in her absence. Too tight to hire a GPS from the rental company, so we are using Maps! it's more fun anyway. Gotta give a shout out to SAMsational for Googling us some directions. Off we go.

Sept 2:
Ok, so the map thing didn't work out so well for us. We got to Kramolin at five this arvo, then worked out there are a few Kramolins and the one we had to be at was still 300kms west of us! Eventually we got there about 10pm at night!

Sept 3:
Went to the paddock today, but the organizers are being very strict and there is no practice allowed. team managers got here with the bikes this afternoon, so we spent the arvo setting them up .... 2011 Gas Gas looks sensational, air filter looks heaps easier to change, and rear wheel is like RAGA's, cant wait for tomorrow to go and have a play!

Sept 4:
Practice yesterday was awesome, there are a lot of girls here. Bikes are all running superbly. Sections look like great fun, though it rained last night so i think they will be a little greasssssssy! I'm second bike away, and Ailsa is 3rd. i would have like to be a little later, though with the rain it may be in our favour.

Sept 5:
World Round was FANTASTIC, love the new bike! Col Zar minded for me and was brilliant, we came 11th! Mick Rummery minded for Ailsa and they came a very respectful24th from 29 girls. We are watching the men today - their sections look HUGE!

Sept 6:
Watched the World Round yesterday, it was unreal! Raga first, Fajardo 2nd, Bou 3rd.... Bou won the championship. Driving to Poland today to meet the rest of the team.

Sept 8:
We're in Poland, and we had a training session with Diago Bosis and Iris Kramer yesterday. Iris was fantastic, all of us girls learn't a lot from her, and Ailsa showed us all how to loop out on the tar road (got that one from Toby)!
it's not really a great place to ride, czech was a lot better, it's very slippery with lots of tree roots......

Sept 9:
çouldn't do much yesterday as the practice grounds didn't open until 3pm!... So we went shopping! Today it's section inspection, inscription and technical control.

Sept 10:
Flogged the Germans at Volleyball yesterday. lol. Sections look very rideable, but will be very greasy and lots of loose rocks! World Round today and TDN tomorrow.......

Sept 11:
Ailsa chose not to ride yesterday as she tweaked her ankle and needed to rest for the TDN. Brooke rode galantly on the 125 Beta machine, she had a dig at every section! Sections were very slippery and muddy........ I didn't have much luck go my way at all, and found it really hard to stay positive, But Mick Rummery was minding for me and he was awesome - kept me focused on the task at hand.
For all our rotten luck we still finished 16th, just one point of top 15, so not too bad!
Brooke finished 31st from 36 girls, which is a top effort since she has never ridden a 125 Beta before!
Womens TDN today!

Sept 13:
Hey sorry no updates yesterday, we were all very busy! Women's TDN was tough, very slippery and muddy and lots of water. It rained heaps on Friday night. We finished 7th, had 7 points on time.
The men came 7th as well!
All the guys rode really well, they were only 13 points behind the USA who dropped down from the A line this year.
Now we all spent the afternoon cleaning bikes. Col and Mick are leaving with the bikes early tomorrow morning to take them back to the Factories. Pretty big party last night and having a cool down day today.

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: SHerco, TY250
Club: Wollongong

Re: Blog from K-Dog! European Invasion TDN Style!

Postby Stu » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Go Aussie Girls! Keep up the fight to number 1!
Good luck.

Feet up, as always!

Axel
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby Axel » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Fantastic result Kristie! Good to see the girl power are already hard at work on the International Scene. Great first effort Ailsa. Good luck with the TdN.

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:23 pm

BUMP!

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

Return to “Women in Trials”