TTR110 Tank & Seat onto Beta EVO

Got a technical question? Ask it in here.

Moderator: Moderators

krazed0451
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: NA
Club: NA

TTR110 Tank & Seat onto Beta EVO

Postby krazed0451 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi Guys,

In an effort to avoid paying the ridiculous money Beta want for their LRK I have come up with a solution that I will hopefully have completed in the next week or so. I have gone with a TTR110 tank/seat combo as I could buy them for <$100AUD and the opening on the underside of the tank is the widest from what I could find in the size I wanted.

The seat tabs will mount at the rear of the sub frame with a little bending and the tank lines up beautifully at the front so that all I will need is an angled bracket mounted to the existing tabs for the front plastics. I will build a bracket for the underside of the seat to provide centre support and there are mounts on the rear of the tank that I will use to firmly affix it to the seat. It should be a very simply matter to mount/remove. The front of the tank will be opened up slightly with the use of a heat gun to allow it to sit lower. I'll need a length of fuel hose and a T piece to connect the secondary tank, but total cost should remain ~$100 + an hour or so of tinkering.

Unfortunately, my housemate of 5 years just moved out, so I will need to buy some tools that are needed before I can get stuck in.

Thoughts, critiques and general comments are appreciated!

Cheers,

Jimbo

mongerrr
C grade participant
C grade participant

Re: TTR110 Tank & Seat onto Beta EVO

Postby mongerrr » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Great idea. These trials bikes work great for us technical trail riders.

I was considering making something similar for the shercos.

My suggestion would be to make use of the empty space under seat. Even if it's too hard to put extra fuel in there, a storage box for car keys, a spark plug and other small items would be a good idea.

Also, just out of curiosity, how does the seating position go with the footpegs? I don't see many pics of people actually riding the factory lrk

krazed0451
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: NA
Club: NA

Re: TTR110 Tank & Seat onto Beta EVO

Postby krazed0451 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:41 pm

I have no idea what the seating position will be like, I'm building it for my girlfriend to ride as I have a Beta 300RR for trails... Initial mock up has just been done with her straddling it, I'll get her feet up on the pegs once I make up some supports/brackets. Great idea with storage under seat, I'll see what I can come up with :)

These videos gives you a vague idea what the seating position will be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVHiG2MFsNM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VleZ0WA_s1U

Return to “Technical help”