Trials Tyres

Got a technical question? Ask it in here.

Moderator: Moderators

BJ
Expert participant
Expert participant

Trials Tyres

Postby BJ » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:39 pm

OK, I'm sure everyone has an opinion on what tyre is best for what terrain and type of riding, don't they :?:

I have only ridden on Michies in recent times and Pirelli back in the 80's Montesa era. What are Dunlops like and has anyone tried IRC :?: :?:

Are there other cheap tyres around that are ok for free riding to save a few bucks and keep the extra miles off the competition tyres :?: :?:

BJ
Gone over to the Dark Side for a bit!!!!
http://www.parlagully.com

Scorps
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: 1976 KT250
Club: Maryborough Riders

Postby Scorps » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:26 pm

Howdy Y'all,

Hey BJ, hope all is well down at Scorpa Mexico HQ down there. As far as tyres go I have one word for you:

DUNLOP (for the rear anyway).

Always feels good to change a Michy that a new bike comes with and put a Dunlop on. The softer compound "feels" to have better grip in the dry, and the stiffer sidewall seems to be more resistant to sidewall staking. Although the Michelin with its softer sidewall can sometimes feel better in the mud and really slippery stuff. Being softer the Dunlop will wear quicker, but they are a fair bit cheaper so it all works out.

BUT..... they are a right old c**t to bead, need much more pressure than a Michy, so keep that in mind...

Cheers,
Your friendly Neighbourhood ScorpaMan,
Scorps

Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children.
1981 Fantic 240 Professional
1976 Kawasaki KT250 (x2)
1975 Kawasaki KT250
1975 Kawasaki KT250

BJ
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby BJ » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:58 pm

Gee thanks Scorps...

Like you said we are south of the border and it's P!$$ing down rain here!!!! Tas, Vic & ACT must be real michy country. It rains 9 months of the year and the trees drip for the other 3!!!! Hope you enjoy QLD while we all suffer in the cold :oops:

No I'm carrying an umbrella not wearing a sombreo, turn the map the other way up!

BJ
Gone over to the Dark Side for a bit!!!!
http://www.parlagully.com

Tony Lambert
Junior participant
Junior participant

tyres

Postby Tony Lambert » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:17 pm

I have just fitted irc rear feels a lot better than the old dunlop that was on my ty but i am new to trials so maybe im not the one to ask

Return to “Technical help”