Brakes won`t bleed

Got a technical question? Ask it in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel
Junior participant
Junior participant

Brakes won`t bleed

Postby Nigel » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:23 am

the title says it all really. I have a 1998 Scorpa 250 easy with ajp brakes. the damn things just wont bleed though. I have tried all sorts bench bleeding syringes the lot. The strange thing is that when i crack the bleed nipple open prior to pulling in the lever the brake fluid seems to be feeding back into the caliper. And when I do pull the lever in it pumps out a small amount of fluid for a while before not pumping any liquid out at all.

Any ideas before i dose the damn thing in petrol light match and walk away. :evil:

donh
Junior participant
Junior participant

Bleeding Brakes

Postby donh » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:23 pm

Try pressure bleeding from the caliper upwards using an old fork oil bottle with a piece of tubing attached to the bleed nipple on the caliper. First you must remove the ball bearing from behind the nipple. Attach your tubing then upend the bottle and squeeze the fluid in. All the air will be forced back into the master cylinder reservoir chamber. Don't forget to back off all adjustment at your lever so that your master cylinder piston is fully out. Also check the small hole in the bottom of the reservoir is not blocked, you will know this if no fliud or air is coming back to the chamber. When finished replace the ball bearing behind the nipple. You will lose a slight amount of fluid in this process but you should not get any air in. Do not over adjust the lever as this can cover up the small hole in the reservoir thus preventing the flow of fluid to and from the chamber.
Good luck! Hollywood

Return to “Technical help”