ty 250 mono aftermarket parts

Got a technical question? Ask it in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Harding
Golden Basket of Smiles
Golden Basket of Smiles
Bike: NUMEROUS
Club: LRMTC & SQTA

Re: ty 250 mono aftermarket parts

Postby Greg Harding » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

Joe and Hagsta, Just adding my supporting vote!

2017 Newsflash: RUST IS THE NEW BLING !
Team Hardwood, the only licenced trials riders in Coffs Harbour!
Miles of Smiles
Greg Harding

pop
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: klx

Postby pop » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:26 pm

I guess so Joe, but the continuous use of the word"intelligent" is somewhat concerning :---)

Joe Henderson
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Fantic 240
Club: Trials Club of Canberra

Postby Joe Henderson » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Dear all,

Yes, yes, I know, repeatedly describing trials riders en-masse as intelligent IS worrying.

Yet, I have found during all my dabblings in motor sport - trials, a little enduro, a very little M X and even less hillclimbing and car circuit sprints and stage rallying ( All on a very small, amateur and unsuccesfull scale ) - that trials riders are amongst the very top of the evolutionary tree!

It is like the difference between fly fishing and rock fishing, and sailing a Star boat at the olympics and a Benetau in the CYVC winter no spinnaker division.

The requirements of our grey matter for each is like chalk and cheese.

Unlike other branches of the sport, In trials there is, thank Dog, very little monetary or fame gain with the general populace ( For the imposter of triumph and the fraud of adulation and public acclaim, go and look at darts players and snooker champions.) but a deep and abiding feeling of a job well done and of involvement in something great and good is enough to keep me coming back whether it is a State Championship round at Appin, a Denman Club twinshock trial or a Lower Mountains club trial at Pacific Park.

A true, clean, worthwhile sport that deserves greater recognition, but part of me hopes it never will!

Yours,

Joe Henderson.

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Fantic
Club: Otter Vale

Postby FM350 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Interesting points of view. I dont have any problem whatsoever with modern day £10K+ "P65/TS" bikes, but feel they should be used in a specials class, as they are far more capable than anything vaguely authentic, and tend to mean much harder sections, that some riders on authentic P65/TS find difficult/impossible. I guess that you dont have these very costly modern bikes in Aus, and from what I can see you seem to have rules which would make competing on one impossible..........that I think would be good to have here in the UK too.

Jon V8
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Ty250,Ht5.
Club: Bath Classic

Postby Jon V8 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:17 pm

FM350 wrote:Interesting points of view. I dont have any problem whatsoever with modern day £10K+ "P65/TS" bikes, but feel they should be used in a specials class, as they are far more capable than anything vaguely authentic, and tend to mean much harder sections, that some riders on authentic P65/TS find difficult/impossible. I guess that you dont have these very costly modern bikes in Aus, and from what I can see you seem to have rules which would make competing on one impossible..........that I think would be good to have here in the UK too.

Another thread ruined.... Can you not see that nobody is interested ?

Guy53
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Ty250A
Club: ATAQ

Postby Guy53 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:48 am

It is sad to read, FM350, that you do not like trial riding , I think you like to win ( or dislike to loose ), but if ( with my limited knoledge ) I can give a pointer on how you can do better than me in any section ( I am sure you can do better than me anytime on any bike ) I would gladely give it to you, as I ride for fun with anyone that ride a bike in a section, and if your bike break in a trial I would gladly offer you my piece of garbage ( it's a Yamaha ) for you to beat me. That being said I would like the post to continue as I recently bought a TY mono and the escence of the thread interest me.

Guy

Ferretflasher
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Ferretflasher » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:12 am

Back to the thread for Lords sake ...... those who want to winge go to TC .... lets keep it TY here please. I can take an old Yam, spend about 150 dollar on it and beat some of my mates on brand new modern machinery ... therein lies the pleassure for me ... to humiliate my younger mates ...... and Im an old fart! Put Phil Alderson, Dan Thorpe and Koch on a tr4icked TY Mono and they will beat all-comers!! Stop ruining this thread please.!! Dual sections is the 'inteligent' way IMHO ! End of winging poms thread !!!!

Any trials happening in NZ ?? Looks a great place around New Plymouth with a massive volcano behind it, must be some trials held up there?? Working at Todd for 6 weeks !!! :mrgreen:

cota
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby cota » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Taranaki, NZ has some great trials country - mud, smooth round boulders, rivers, hill climbs and more.

http://www.taranakitrialsclub.co.nz/ - note Mt Taranaki, taken from its best side - the south side - from Dawson Falls!

http://www.custgp.com/classictrials.html - a great classic site, including MA himself.

from an ex-taranakian, now in warmer parts :WA:

I don't need help - I can fall off all by myself.

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Fantic
Club: Otter Vale

Postby FM350 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Ferretflasher wrote:Back to the thread for Lords sake ...... those who want to winge go to TC .... lets keep it TY here please. I can take an old Yam, spend about 150 dollar on it and beat some of my mates on brand new modern machinery ... therein lies the pleassure for me ... to humiliate my younger mates ...... and Im an old fart! Put Phil Alderson, Dan Thorpe and Koch on a tr4icked TY Mono and they will beat all-comers!! Stop ruining this thread please.!! Dual sections is the 'inteligent' way IMHO ! End of winging poms thread !!!!

Any trials happening in NZ ?? Looks a great place around New Plymouth with a massive volcano behind it, must be some trials held up there?? Working at Todd for 6 weeks !!! :mrgreen:

If you can make an old TY work properly for $150 please post how, as I have one thats certainly in need of that work......................

Ferretflasher
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Ferretflasher » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:13 am

First of all, it needs a darn good thrash down the road, about 10km full throttle should clear it out and back again. It will smoke a bit but thats the idea, clear out the exhaust system. Next repack your silencer about $25 if you do it yersen! New grips, new shoes etc, drop oil and refill with ligth gear oil.
Get hold of a lightly used back tyre TUBELESS !! One that some expert boy has done 1 trial on and cannot be bothered to turn it! Take a small 4 in grinder to the beads and remove about 4mm of rubber both side, almost down to the braid bead. Fit this to the rear with a tube fitted and only 1 security bolt. The object is to get it to sit fully on the rim even at 4 psi .... a good tubeless is your best ever TY MONO improvement , it will work wonders. Fit a new air filter and make sure the air box lid is NOT the silly snorkel type. New C&S's if you are feeling flush.
Take it down road for another thrash. Ride next trial and see difference !!

Anyone have a spare bike next Sunday Plymouth ??? =D> Where is venue for August Cup, should be my day off on Sunday!! :mrgreen:

ps. Sunday turned out to be torrential rain nearly whole day so respect to anyone who rode in that lot, worse than anything in Yorkshire and virtually just like a bad day in Scotland. Respect if it went ahead !!! =D>

Return to “Technical help”