More TYZ help needed

Got a technical question? Ask it in here.

Moderator: Moderators

SQUAT 405
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: beta 13 factort 300
Club: S.Q.t.A.

Re: More TYZ help needed

Postby SQUAT 405 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi lain i will check it out tomorrow as the manual is at my work shop factory allong with the bike... i got the manual from the guy got the bike of it used to belong to Dean Marsh he sold it to some one in Kempsy who i got it off,,,I guess there is a lot of Z stuff not covered by the scorpa book for servicing etc ,mostly you can wing it ,but i will help you out so dont worry john

SQUAT 405
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby SQUAT 405 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi again Lain,,Just checked out the brochure posted by David yes very different one that ,,i also suspect a road burner one by yamaha

izzywithus
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Aprillia

Postby izzywithus » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi David / John, great brochure. Why would you want a road going trials bike? The tank is only 4.5l however the tank that came on my bike is about double the original. It looks like its going to be a great bike to learn on, not just riding but mechanics as well.

Thanks for your help with the manual John, I guess I will need torque figures mainly when I start putting it back together.

Cheers
Iain

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:35 pm

In Japan they have some very popular trials-type events that require full road rego. That was also the intended market for bikes like the Honda TLM200, TLM220 and TLR200 Reflex.
As well as that some people ride trials bikes on the road for their pose value (a bit like doing a Walter Mitty) and there would be very few bikes that were registerable in Japan that looked as cool as the TY250Z did at the time.

relax, nothing is under control

SQUAT 405
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby SQUAT 405 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi Lain ,,,,,just checked out my book and the answer is,,,,,,,,crankshaft runout limit is 0.03mm,o.oo12in,,,,,,connecting rod big end side clearance,,,o.25 to.75mm,0.010 to0.030in,,,,,connecting rod small end free play,,,0.4 to 1.0mm 0.016 to 0.039in,,,,crank width,,,57.9 to57.95mm,,2.280 to2.281in,,,,,,,,crank case screws ,,,12nm,,,1.2m.kg,,8.7ftlb,,torque settings,,,,hope this will help you out some,,,sorry it took so long but im working down town 3 to 4 days a week and dont get back to my factory till this time in the arvo reguards john,,

izzywithus
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby izzywithus » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:18 am

Thanks John, that's a great help. I will start measuring up tonight.
The barrel is being sent away early next week to be checked and honed (no plating I hope) then I will start re-building the following week. The sub frame and swing arm should be back from painting by then as well so I should be riding by November. Mounting excitement as the old Kawa ads used to say.

Cheers
Iain

izzywithus
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby izzywithus » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi All, two more answers needed please. 1) What is the difference between the 4ML and the 4GG motors on the TYZ? 2) Are the front sprocket nuts all right hand thread?

Thanks

Iain

Return to “Technical help”