Early to mid 90's Euro bikes/parts

Got a technical question? Ask it in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Will
C grade participant
C grade participant

Early to mid 90's Euro bikes/parts

Postby Will » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Through my quest for knowledge in preparation for my first trials purchase, I've decided that a twin shock isn't for me..... but my budget hasn't changed (approx $2500).
That seems to limit me to early/mid 90's Beta's etc....

Are parts still easily accessible for Euro bikes of this vintage?
Or am I better off trying to stretch the budget a little more...... not too much more though :|

Will

Pgately
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: TLR250 1985
Club: Peter Gately

Re: Early to mid 90's Euro bikes/parts

Postby Pgately » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi Will

I am keen to upgrade my bike which is a Doug Lamkin 1999 Beta Techno 250, in great condition for its age. $2500
I am an ex bike mechanic and have been going over the bike fixing minor problems as I find them in the last two years I have had the bike.
I have fitted new clutch plates, changed the hydraulic fluid in the brakes and clutch, fitted new rear brake pistons and pads, just fitted new S3 hard Rock foot pegs that make a huge difference to the bikes stability.
I have today just changed the front fork oil, rotated the rear tyre, removed the exhaust for a complete clean out and put some more pre tension on the rear shock and adjusted the dampening, cleaned the air cleaner and carby. Ready for this weekends LRMTC Interclub trial.
The bike is a sold performer taking me to a 1st place at last weekends SQTA trial in the Clubman class
You can contact me on 0413128083 or come out to the LRMTC on Sunday and check out the bike or text me your email address for pictures.
The event is at Hinchcliffe's property. Refer to the link
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&m ... 07f2eb57c8

Peter

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Fantic
Club: Otter Vale

Re: Early to mid 90's Euro bikes/parts

Postby FM350 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:45 pm

Look at a TY250 mono, most parts still easily available and far far more reliable than early water-cooled bikes

Return to “Technical help”