rupertshaw
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: TY175
Club: CCJMCC

Honda TL250 for sale

Postby rupertshaw » Tue May 08, 2018 6:34 pm

Very original Honda TL250 - $1500

Rare with original head light etc. Not seized but does not run (please don't ask me what is wrong with it, I've had no time to touch it since purchase)

Super looking bike. Only missing the side panels. Could be restored into fine looking machine

Loads of spares including Venhil cables and carb rebuild kit nd lots of engine parts

Koni shocks

Matching numbers I believe.

Photos here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2mvq40xzia07 ... m.jpg?dl=0

I just have no time for this project. Located in Bright Vic

History
Having established itself as a credible producer of off-road motorcycles with the XL250 trail bike, Honda moved into the more demanding realm of competitive trials with the TL125. Looking like a reduced-scale XL250, the TL125 was constructed along similar lines, housing its all-alloy, overhead-cam, 4-valve motor in a robust cradle-type frame. As all the Japanese manufacturers would learn, there is a world of difference between producing a trail bike and producing a competitive trials bike, so Honda turned to off-road supremo Sammy Miller for assistance with development. Miller’s first brief was to develop the TL125, which he did by retaining the basic engine while subjecting the chassis and suspension to considerable detail revision. This process was repeated for the larger TL250 following that model’s introduction in 1975, and in 1977 Rob Shepherd took the ultra-competitive British Trials Championship riding a Miller-developed Honda.

mattyl01
Website Wrangler
Website Wrangler
Bike: GasGas
Club: Matt Langtree

Re: Honda TL250 for sale

Postby mattyl01 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:57 pm

@rupertshaw can you please post contact details? If you’d prefer not let me know via private message, I’ve got someone interested via email I received.

Jotagas
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Jags 250

Postby Jotagas » Thu May 24, 2018 9:55 am

Is this bike still for sale?

MichaelE
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: ktm504

Postby MichaelE » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi, do still have the TL, I have a spares bike, would like to bring these guys together, cheers

Return to “Trials bikes for sale”