Australian Womens Championship

Discussions, newsletters about matters relating to women in trials.

Moderator: Moderators

BAT Woman
LittleMissBrainy
LittleMissBrainy

Re: Australian Womens Championship

Postby BAT Woman » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Good on you Kristie!

And good news for all woman & girl trials riders. Trev Bennett has had a brain wave for this year's main events. That is to run the Women's Cup the week before the Nationals, suggest to MA to run an AIS Camp during the week, or have some kind of trials school, then have the Nationals the next weekend. That way you can make a week of it. It would be well worth the trip, what do you think?

We are also looking at intoducing a Master Woman's (over 40) at the Women's Cup, there are 6 woman I know who have ridden who would qualify. Would that tempt any Master Women who have always wanted to have a go but haven't or some who would like to return? If it stirs you, you have til 23 August to get yourselves a bike & get practising. (Axel? Perhaps you can sneek out at night! Or I can give you a note pleading for consideration & training?). Then we would have a full trials riding career path, for women of any age. I would love to hear from you even if you think it is a good idea, just to judge the interest, please.

Also, if you know of any women who are keen to ride at all this year, in any class, please encourage them to have a go, as this year will a great year to be riding, with such an exciting calendar for us. Seiko? Perhaps we can organise help with lifts, etc. Also, we could approach the National section setters to make the sections rideable for all & as mentioned previously & a few to sort out the contenters.

Anyhow, enough from me, what is the feeling out there?

Regards,

Bev

PS Neo, thank you for you kind comments, no offense was taken, from you, at all.

Neo
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 06 Sherco 250
Club: TCC

Postby Neo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:35 pm

As I am not a women this may sound crazy. But the past Women’s Championships have held some great memories of some good times.

Alas, unless a miracle happens soon, I deeply regret to say that Nikki will not be there this year. This is nothing to do with her bike. It runs like a dream when (ridden by her two bothers). It’s Nikki herself. She’s just lost interest, drive and any desire to ride at all. There been a few times when I’ve half convinced her to return to the sport. But she changes her mind back again. Because she believes she won’t be as good as she used to be. ](*,)

I don’t pretend to understand what goes on in the head of 14 year old girl but if any of you girls think you can talk her round please PM me and I give you her number.

I think you’ll be doing Nikki a big favour. :thumb:

Best of balance.

Neo

PS. BAT Woman….thanks for confirming my suspicions :D

"Nothing more and nothing less than the vision of success"..... Ryan Leech
"TRIALS....It's not life or death....It's much more serious than that!!".....

BAT Woman
LittleMissBrainy
LittleMissBrainy

Re: Nikki will ride!!!!!!!

Postby BAT Woman » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Hey Neo,

I will try and convince nikki to ride. :D
Mum says that she wants nikki to come because Mum is coaching this weekend at pacific park.
I will be riding too.
If nikki says no i have other ways of making her talk. :twisted:
Get her to ring me tonight i will give it my best shot.

see ya later

Brooke 8)

Neo
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 06 Sherco 250
Club: TCC

Postby Neo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Hey Brooke,

Nikki's working at Mac's tonight till 10:30PM. But I'll try to get her to call you tomorrow.
I'll have to be a bit sneaky...so I'll tell her you called tonight and need to speak to her. :twisted:

Many thanks and best of balance. :thumb:

Neo

"Nothing more and nothing less than the vision of success"..... Ryan Leech
"TRIALS....It's not life or death....It's much more serious than that!!".....

Return to “Women in Trials”