Brooweena 2009

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Brooweena 2009 trial 25/26 July

Postby David Lahey » Wed May 13, 2009 8:41 pm

This year the Brooweena twinshock and classic trial will be on the weekend of 25/26 July. This is a different date to what was first planned so if you know of anyone who was planning to ride, make sure they have the right weekend.
For people who haven't heard about this event, it is a closed-to-club MA event held by the Maryborough MCC and is run to no-stop rules and for bikes made before 1980.
The format is to ride all sections once in both directions on Saturday afternoon and again on Sunday.
Only one rider rides at a time - there is one Observer who scores every rider in every section. This format works very well for interaction between the riders.
There are three lines set. One is set for Novice level riders/very old bikes, one set at Clubperson level and one set a bit more challenging than normal Clubperson level.
It is a very social event intended for people who like looking at and riding pre-1980 trials bikes.
Riders will be able to join the Maryborough club and purchase one-event MA licences at the venue.
Well-behaved campers are welcome to stay the Saturday night and enjoy a lovely open-air log fire.
I will be posting detailed directions and any other required information closer to the event. Brooweena is in hilly country about 50km West of Maryborough, Queensland.
If you want an idea of what the Brooweena event is like, there are postings with photos in this forum from last year's event.

relax, nothing is under control

Starky
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: TY175, TY250

Brooweena 2009

Postby Starky » Wed May 13, 2009 8:56 pm

OK People, the time has come again. Brooweena 2009, will be held at the slightly later date of 25th and 26th July 2009. =D> =D> =D>

You will need to be a club member and have an MA event licence at least to ride. Of course you will need a twinshock bike and be prepared to ride to the 'Non stop rule'. Remember "Real Men Don't Stop" - Logo stolen from 'shaunb' 8)

There appears to be a little side betting going on in another thread on this website - I have no idea who started it or kept encouraging that type of talk. :roll:

If your interested there is an unofficial 'Show and Shine' for those people who have spent the best part of the past year pimping their ride. Some bikes are actually restored to near new.

Another unofficial event is the biggest gathering of TYs, KTs, RLs in one place at one time since their birth.

Summary
1.Riding starts around 1pm Saturday 25th and 9am Sunday 26th
2. One rider in the section at a time and everyone else stands around and watches them
3. Show and shine starts whenever you want to brag about your ride
4. The biggest number of whatever marque we can arrange, starts when all bikes are present.
5.There will be stills and DVD footage being taken so suck up to the people with the cameras to get on the DVD. They might even let you have a copy if you ask and pay?
6. Camping available - be fully self contained even water.
7. Bonfire on Saturday night.
8. Entertainment by consciously unconscious Noel. Lovely fellow.

Oh, by the way if you are getting excited about winning a sheep station, forget it, there are NO prizes. It is just pure fun all weekend.

David Lahey has also written a similar post tonight so check out a little additional info on his post.

Starky
When competing in a trial, I don't suffer from nerves, I get way too excited for that stuff!!!!

Starky
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: TY175, TY250

Re: Brooweena 2009 trial 25/26 July

Postby Starky » Wed May 13, 2009 8:58 pm

OOPS looks like David and I had the same idea at the same time. Double advertising.

Starky
When competing in a trial, I don't suffer from nerves, I get way too excited for that stuff!!!!

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Re: Brooweena 2009 trial 25/26 July

Postby David Lahey » Wed May 13, 2009 9:27 pm

Starky wrote:OOPS looks like you and I had the same idea at the same time. Double advertising.

Thats amazing Starky. We couldn't have done it closer of we had tried

PA
2IC
2IC
Bike: Beta EVO
Club: AJS Moto Trial Club of SA Inc.

Re: Brooweena 2009

Postby PA » Wed May 13, 2009 11:10 pm

Now it is all as one.

smack
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TL125

Postby smack » Thu May 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Apart from a non functioning bike, a late date change and a wedding to pay for in Nov, I WILL BE THERE with my TL125 in hopefully running condition. Somebody has to keep all those bloody Monty's honest! I missed last year and haven't ridden since 2007 so I fully expect to win the event.

(That's the beer drinking and falling asleep early event on Saturday night) I'll have the photographer in the wheelchair with me. :TAS:

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Thu May 14, 2009 8:57 pm

smack wrote:Somebody has to keep all those bloody Monty's honest! :TAS:

It sounds like think this year the challenge will be to keep all the other Jap bike riders honest

cedric van heerden
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby cedric van heerden » Fri May 15, 2009 6:32 am

Hey Smack, looking forward to seeing this Montesa killing TL, and your wheelchair bound friend Pete, pity we have never seen any of his photos.Glad you could change your bookings.
Cedric

danmatt
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: ty175B

Postby danmatt » Wed May 20, 2009 5:20 pm

8) Hi guys and gals,
We are new this sort of riding, we mainly do trail riding etc..
I would like to know what classes you have such as age groups, and the rules and what times your are expected to finish each day, like I said we have never even seen an event and have just bought a ty175 jc for my 12 year old to ride but he will let me ride it in competition I think, is there anywhere I can find the rules seperate.
Thanks
Keep up the good forum work
Dan
Hervey Bay
Paramedic QAS

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Wed May 20, 2009 6:27 pm

danmatt wrote:8) Hi guys and gals,
We are new this sort of riding, we mainly do trail riding etc..
I would like to know what classes you have such as age groups, and the rules and what times your are expected to finish each day, like I said we have never even seen an event and have just bought a ty175 jc for my 12 year old to ride but he will let me ride it in competition I think, is there anywhere I can find the rules seperate.
Thanks
Keep up the good forum work
Dan
Hervey Bay
Paramedic QAS

Hi Dan
There are quite a few trials riders in your area who practice together. Starky on these forums is a good person to talk to about riding trials bikes in the Wide Bay area. Starky will probably make contact with you soon.

The rules used for trials are in the same book as all the rules for motorbike competition in Australia. The book is called the Manual of Motorcycle Sport or MOMs and you can have a look at it via a link on this website. Here is a shortcut to it

http://www.ma.org.au/Content/MA/FormsRu ... orcycl.htm

The Brooweena event finishing times are usually just before sunset on the Saturday and about lunchtime on the Sunday. This trial has a few rules that are different to most other trials. Here they are:
There was a Junior group of riders last year who rode the easiest line but there are no oldies or womens classes at Brooweena. The class you ride is based on the degree of difficulty that you want to ride. There are classes suitable for riders of learner standard and upwards. You will get to look at the sections and decide what class you want to ride, with guidance available from the people running the event.
The bikes should have been made before 1980, which means the TY175JC is fine.
The scoring is based on the no-stop version of the MOMs rules, so riders need to keep the bike moving forwards when riding a section.

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”