TY Trials UK.. Internet shopping dissapointment

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

llewdaert
B grade participant
B grade participant

TY Trials UK.. Internet shopping dissapointment

Postby llewdaert » Sun May 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Has anyone else ordered from these people before?? http://www.tytrials.co.uk/.
I ordered some stuff a little while ago and they were slow. They[then] claimed to have some family sickness so I thought OK- slow accepted. I have ordered again and again no sign of the parts for over 3 weeks. They have again given me some excuse, and I can see a similarity.

Both times they claim to have sent the parts- but offer to send me another' repeat' order because stuff occasionally gets lost in the mail. I am yet to receive the bits so I suppose I am feeling a bit put out. They seem quick to take my money and dont send the goods till I whinge- I would not recommend these people. I am sure there must be alternate suppliers. Has anyone else had other experience with these people??

Am I bitter? or just old? should expect honesty with twinshock trials merchants- and am just a bit disappointed. Is it because the Aussie twinshock movement is so good that the UK looks poor??

Have I lost the plot.....

Scott

betaboiz
Junior participant
Junior participant

Re: TY Trials UK.. Internet shopping dissapointment

Postby betaboiz » Sun May 22, 2011 6:36 pm

:D
I have been using this company for past 2 years with no problems whatsoever. They are prompt with emails, parcels and in return of VAT that is not charged to overseas buyers. We always use paypal so there is a record of transaction and it is cost free to the buyer. The parcels are always well packed, but do however smell of cigarettes as they are obviously smokers.

Using the internet to purchase items, especially overseas can sometimes be a bit tricky and I am sorry you have had 'trouble' but we can not speak highly enough of them as a company to deal with.

Rob :VIC:

AndrewT
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Beta

Postby AndrewT » Sun May 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Have bought a few TY parts from them & never had a problem at all. Of late post from UK can be slow at times - had a small parcel that took over a month recently.

Michelle
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Gas Gas
Club: SMCC

Postby Michelle » Sun May 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Same story here.
Waited weeks before trying to contact them, finally got in contact and got exactly the same excuses.
We were also told they had been sent, then was told they sent a replacement that never turned up.
We probably called 8 - 10 times and was promised the same thing every time, emailed multiple times and never got a reply.
It finally arrived safely, much to our relief as we though we had been ripped off.
It took just over 6 months.

Keep persisting

Tim Loone

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Sun May 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Here is what I know:
The family sickness is fair dinkum
The bloke (John Cane) who runs the business is genuine and wants to keep his business going despite the difficulties he is having with his wife's health issues.
I have bought about 10 times from John over the past few years. On one of those orders there was a problem with the postal service at his end. The problem was rectified as soon as he heard about it. The other orders have all arrived within 2 weeks of placing the order.
Yes the stale cigarette smoke smell is quite distinctive (yukky), but the wrapping paper is usually interesting. Last few times it has been pommy off-road motorbike newspapers
I am currently awaiting arrival of an order from John and am planning to place a further order for some TY250 parts tonight via his website.
There is a thread on these forums from the time his wife became ill that suggests the best time of day to phone him if necessary. I'll have a look for it and post the details if I find it.
David

relax, nothing is under control

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Sun May 22, 2011 7:34 pm

here is the posting I was thinking of from a while ago

David Lahey wrote:This is about Trail and Trials UK - from whom many of us in Australia buy parts for our Twinshock trials bikes.

John's wife and business partner Sonia is recovering from a brain haemorrhage.

Because of this, John is currently running the business on his own. To allow him to do the packaging and posting of our orders, he in only answering the phone between 0900hrs and 1200hrs (GMT). We should still be able to buy whatever we need, ordering by phone or on-line, but just be aware that the phone is only being manned for those hours.

The following is taken from an email from John:
If anyone wants to send a card, Sonia likes opening them, please sent to

Sonia Cane
15 Seedley Ave
Little Hulton
Manchester
M38 9LZ

No flowers or anything else at the moment please

This is going to be a long slow process and I will update you all when I can

Best regards

John & Sonia & the cats

http://www.tytrials.co.uk

relax, nothing is under control

llewdaert
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby llewdaert » Sun May 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Hmmm, I am not so insensitive as to have no concern,
to help people who are under duress defines us as caring,
and those we identify with from sharing a common interest perhaps warrant a lions share.

But I have most likely been lied to.
It seems as I am not the only person to have experienced this.
I genuinely dont know how to deal with this.

Each person may choose to deal with this business as they wish.
Others have had successful outcomes, I have had 2 failures.
I do think this forum is the place to make each other aware of matters that concern our common interest.
Purchase of difficult to obtain spares is part of twinshock trials.
Negative aspersions of character or business is demeaning to me and not my intention.
Getting my bikes going is my interest.
Sharing information helps me achieve my interest.
Sharing an interest engenders my care.
I dont know where I stand on this issue after reading all your responses.
Thanks
Scott

Jon V8
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Ty250,Ht5.
Club: Bath Classic

Postby Jon V8 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:21 am

I know this wont really help you,but I see them each year at the Classic dirt bike show in Telford,Shropshire.They are decent and friendly people,one of them even recognised me,(I posted about it on the Trials Central forum) from a conversation I was having with a mate,trying to decide what mudguards to get for my XT/TY project.
I think his name is Majesty 320 on Trials Central.

beau243
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: ty 250

Postby beau243 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi i by all my parts from Sammy Miller Prod and never had a problem

Ferretflasher
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Ferretflasher » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:10 am

I too use John at TYTRIALS UK and have no problem to report. There are a few basics to get clear firstly however;

1. Dont expect much by way of service between dates around P-65 & SSDT ( John will spectate both) so that's a good 12 days he is away around May.
2. Same applies to dates around UK Classic Dirt Bike show in UK, ( he attends that too !)
3. Mrs is not too well at the moment so he is usually only in contact on Mondays & Fridays (during business hours).
4. Usual method is via email, he can do that when he has time........... see No 3.!

Please be patient, John knows how important his customers are. New website is on the way soon so that should speed the process up a bit once it is working.

Otherwise I have no grumbles ..... !!! :wink:

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”