The K(T)ing is dead, long live the K(T)ing!

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

Scorps
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: 1976 KT250
Club: Maryborough Riders

Re: The K(T)ing is dead, long live the K(T)ing!

Postby Scorps » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:18 pm

Howdy Y'all,

Well it says "The Invitational" on your calendar, and although I am getting old, I still don't need the rose coloured glasses to read it. Regardless, I will be down for the trial on the weekend of 27/28th August. Going to drag the old boy along too. He hasn't really been carrying the title of "Yellow Breasted Twinshock Warbler" to its highest tradition, so I might need to get some respectability back to the position.

Plus, I'll learn some more songs on the Uke, and we can all sing and reminisce of the good old times when 2 shocks made more sense than one, free love was truly free, and rolling backwards was the exclusive domain of the French Army….

Cheers,
Your friendly neighbourhood KawiMan,
Scorps

Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children.
1981 Fantic 240 Professional
1976 Kawasaki KT250 (x2)
1975 Kawasaki KT250
1975 Kawasaki KT250

ianrogers
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Beta Beta Beta
Club: SQTA

Postby ianrogers » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:57 am

Cool! I'll tie a yellow ribbon on the nearest eucalypt to signal your triumphant return.
Don't take too much heed of the Calendar special events as they are and always will be a work in progress but the dates stay the same, depending on weather. You know us, we duck and weave better than anyone. We aren't refered to by certain members of the establishment as the Al Qaeda Club for nothing, IED's excluded of course.
The August event is a 2 Dayer at Benoble so a good one to mark as your return. Better start the exercise regime now though me thinks.
I'll email you a complete calendar to get you back up to speed but keep it close to your ample chest, we don't want the "Coalition of the Unwilling"seeing it.

"The older I get the better I was"

NonstopRoss
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TL250
Club: Waitemata

Postby NonstopRoss » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:21 am

For colour scheme inspiration I suggest a trip to the coolest pushbike bike shop around, The one with the latest BMX frames form brands like "We The People". Ignore the kids bikes and look instead to the surfer/bmx/extreme sports crowd. I was in a shop the other day and saw quite a few gunmetal grey frames and thought I'd like to paint my bike like that.

Essentially themes was a dark colour frame with bright colour annodised bling. Dark Bronze frame and metallic green parts. Or a metallic gunmetal grey frame with annodised orange wheel rims, head stock and other assorted bling parts.

Essentially a two colour job. Dark frame, with bright parts. Check them out. The dark frames look great. You could do something similar and have your KT's Yellow cables and other Yellow items stand out. Just a thought.

It all started with a KT250 that was so light that it once floated away during an ambitious river crossing.

scott stephens
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby scott stephens » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Hey Scorps,

I would like to buy a KT250 in nice condition. ( Metallic paint ...76 ? ) My father was the Kawasaki Distributor in Tasmania and he sold a lot of them. He bought the last 20 that Kawasaki Australia had in stock at Tullamarine in Victoria and most were bought by farmers !
They were not the most popular trials bike at the time but I really enjoyed mine and won the Tasmanian Trials Championship on it. I went to buy Mark Beecheys bike but it was sold quickly . ( I hesitated on the orange even though the original green was with it !)
I went on to race road bikes with Team Kawasaki Australia so I have had the compulsory Green Blood Transfusion ! ( it freaks people out when I cut myself ! )
Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards

Scott Stephens

PS : I still have my twin head trials helmet !......maybe it could be used as part payment ?....its a rare Shoei model

winesy
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: GasGas
Club: OMCC

Postby winesy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:39 am

Who is this Tasmania dude?
Which one of his heads has the brain.
This guy rides a section in 10 seconds flat so the old KT would not sure his style.
But then I suppose he can drool over it in the garage.
regards
Winesy
:twisted:

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Fantic
Club: Otter Vale

Postby FM350 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Lowering the rests as far as they will go, and reducing the chopper type steering angle will improve handling quite a bit.

Scorps
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Scorps » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Howdy Y'all,

Sorry to say Scott, but Mark's orange KT now lives in my garage, and I wouldn't sell it for the world.

Best bet to find something decent, is Ebay US or UK. Not much around locally that is any good, or fairly priced.

FM350, agreed with the footpegs (which I have done), but it is not necessary to change the steering head angle. I suppose you can, but the front can get a little too lively. Just get the right location for your bars and you are set.

Cheers,
Your friendly Neighbourhood KawiMan,
Scorps

Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children.
1976 Kawasaki KT250 (x2)
1975 Kawasaki KT250
1975 Kawasaki KT250

Scorps
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Scorps » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Oh, and for those who were worried, frame will stay white.

1976 Kawasaki KT250 (x2)
1975 Kawasaki KT250
1975 Kawasaki KT250

scott stephens
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby scott stephens » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi Scorps ,

Overseas ain't me. I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't touch first...... Antiques are different to every family !

I have my fathers 100km old Italjet 350. Its White and green. It is as new never been cartwheeled or ridden in a trial.

Best of both worlds a Green KT / Sherpa T with 40 kilos added.....what else could you need !

Hey what's your kids phone number never know Uncle Scott might buy it from the Will !

Cheers

Happy Trials !

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:40 pm

scott stephens wrote:Hi Scorps ,

Hey what's your kids phone number never know Uncle Scott might buy it from the Will !

Cheers

Happy Trials !

:shock: ??????????? So Scorps has become a Dad in the last 2 weeks?

relax, nothing is under control

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”