awesome condition Honda on evilbay

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

awesome condition Honda on evilbay

Postby The Hell Team » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:14 pm

For all you twinshock fruitcakes, there is a what looks like an almost Brand New TLR Honda on EVILBay at the moment.
check out:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130615768161?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

sharvie
Expert participant
Expert participant

Re: awesome condition Honda on evilbay

Postby sharvie » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:14 pm

A few of us Twinshock fruitcakes have been drooling over this one and speculating what it will sell for

Sharvie ~ Maitland NSW

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:32 pm

I suppose he with the most "fruit" will win!

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

brt650
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Bultaco 350 Sherpa T
Club: DMCC

Postby brt650 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:21 pm

Nice bike for sure ,
But don't forget to add the goodies;
New rear shocks.
Re-valve forks.
Titanium head pipe + alloy silencer.
Alloy swing arm.
Michelin tyres.
Fat bars.
Lower foot peg mounts.
New wider foot pegs.
Kevlar clutch kit.
Flat slide carb- whoops that would only be me doing that one
And after all that you are up with the Bullies.
Ha ha Sorry steve and Andy
Merry Christmas everyone
Brian :P

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Fantic
Club: Otter Vale

Postby FM350 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:45 pm

The TLR 250 certainly does need a fair amount of work to make it competitive, as the front end is very light, and very often worn carbs in conjunction with restrictive exhaust and air box, will mean spitting back and stalling is quite comon.

Jon V8
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Ty250,Ht5.
Club: Bath Classic

Postby Jon V8 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:01 am

FM350 wrote:The TLR 250 certainly does need a fair amount of work to make it competitive, as the front end is very light, and very often worn carbs in conjunction with restrictive exhaust and air box, will mean spitting back and stalling is quite comon.

They dont need a worn carb to stall ! They did that when brand new... Looking at those pics took me right back to 1986 when I bought a new TLR250 for my birthday.It was all I really wanted,a brand new trials bike that was easily the best looking bike, had a four stroke engine which sounded absolutely wonderful on a good hill flat out.
I did all the mods of the day,treated it with kid gloves etc - but it was rubbish really.In 13 months of owning it I did 22 trials on it,during which time the clutch died,the cam chain went to the limit of adjustment,and it then started to knock.Honda eventually supplied FOC a complete top end,barrel,piston,head,cam etc - it was all worn out.
A dreadful shame,it put me off Honda's for quite a while.I had little success with it too,as with the Fantic 241 that I replaced it with.That was new too - big end went after 18 months.That was the last new bike I bought,the shabby TY250R that came next was unbreakable and I did far better on it.Not what I wanted at all but it worked.
I guess the TLR's are now easy enough to sort out,and hopefully longer lasting than mine - they still look and sound fab when working hard on a hill, best section ever on mine was at Farleigh Castle where we rode up the big steps that the scramblers came down.Flat out in furth gear was great fun !

sharvie
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby sharvie » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:09 am

brt650 wrote:Nice bike for sure ,
But don't forget to add the goodies;
New rear shocks.
Re-valve forks.
Titanium head pipe + alloy silencer.
Alloy swing arm.
Michelin tyres.
Fat bars.
Lower foot peg mounts.
New wider foot pegs.
Kevlar clutch kit.
Flat slide carb- whoops that would only be me doing that one
And after all that you are up with the Bullies.
Ha ha Sorry steve and Andy
Merry Christmas everyone
Brian :P

You can add to that;

lengthen the clutch arm

tubeless rims

Flat bash plate

Needle Jet set

Change gearing

Sharvie ~ Maitland NSW

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Fantic
Club: Otter Vale

Postby FM350 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:06 am

Honda TLR's are bikes which work quite well after work has been carried out on them, but the standard bikes are pretty dire for anything other than relatively easy club level events. A well prepared completely stock 200 or 240 Fantic is far more competitive than even the very special Whitlock TLR's being sold here in the UK for around £7k, and really good Fantic's can still sometimes be found for around £1.5k.

Jon V8
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Ty250,Ht5.
Club: Bath Classic

Postby Jon V8 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:55 am

FM350 wrote:Honda TLR's are bikes which work quite well after work has been carried out on them, but the standard bikes are pretty dire for anything other than relatively easy club level events. A well prepared completely stock 200 or 240 Fantic is far more competitive than even the very special Whitlock TLR's being sold here in the UK for around £7k, and really good Fantic's can still sometimes be found for around £1.5k.

Thats why I ride £700's worth of Ty250 and often beat the Fantics and Majesties. =D>

sharvie
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby sharvie » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:40 am

The TLR200 and TLR250 require pretty much the same mods to make them rideable at a high level. The only real advantage buying a 200 is the purchase price and availability.

Having said that; In the scheme of things, saving a grand on the purchase price when you intend to do a full-on referb - its not that much of a saving.

Sharvie ~ Maitland NSW

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”