My Favorite thing about the wtc....

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

GasGas Victoria
Dealer
Dealer

My Favorite thing about the wtc....

Postby GasGas Victoria » Sun May 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Was listening to the minders scream at their riders in Spanish and French! alla alla alla!

What were the best moments of the weekend?

Phil Whittle
GasGas Victoria.
0415 861036
ptreng@bigpond.com

betaboiz
Junior participant
Junior participant

Re: My Favorite thing about the wtc....

Postby betaboiz » Sun May 27, 2012 9:23 pm

Being there!!!!

Loved it from start to finish. Congratulations to all those who put in the effort to put on a fantastic weekend.

The Sinfield Family

SB
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Montesa 315
Club: AJS SA

Postby SB » Mon May 28, 2012 10:27 am

Best thing was the section layout and setting standard...We got to see a vast majority of sections with the top group riding through with sections being close together. Lots better than most of the Europe rounds where you are battling to see the good guys in more than a few sections a day.

Plus the actual sections...seeing Bou and Fuji throw it off the rock on lap 1 then some of the others easily cleaning it.

Big Bonus for me was after falling off rocks for nearly 40 yrs, seeing everyone from from the Trials comunity in one spot and hardly any of us did a 5 this weekend!!!

Congrats to all concerned, TCV, Col Scott, all the observers (would have been a stressful day!) ......At last seeing the world guys on home ground.

Cheers Scott ADL
[youtube]m2zz9PWuxig[/youtube]

Samy
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Montesa 4RT
Club: LRMTC

Postby Samy » Mon May 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Looks like it was an excellent weekend!

There's a lot of familiar faces in the pictures of the crowds: http://www.trialscentral.com/user_photos/andy/2012/2012_FIM_World_Trial_Championship/Round_2_Australia/Day_1/#

cheers

acerat
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: 450 excr

Postby acerat » Mon May 28, 2012 8:14 pm

watching real talent! if only you could but that..:-)

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Wed May 30, 2012 9:14 am

Best thing was catching up with everyone, or almost everyone!
I only got to see section 15 as I was pretty busy looking after all the Gas Gas Team, but what a great bunch of people were there. The riders, Team manager and mechanics loved Australia, and all the Trials fraternity in one place......bloody brilliant.
I think it will take me a month to recover, but worth every second.
Massive thanks to all the Victorian for having the guts and determination to step up to the plate.
I know I saw a few very very tired and weary souls on Monday attempting the wrap out, but my hat off to them...... WHAT A MASSIVE EFFORT.
If you know someone who was in the band of helpers, please take the time to thank them. It was a tough job for a lot of people.
From the really generous riders who loaned their personal bikes to teams, so minders and managers had rides, the section setters and the really hard workers behind the scenes it was a huge undertaking. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
SO DAMN GOOD.

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

Markjw
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby Markjw » Wed May 30, 2012 11:13 am

Must concur with Paul
Well done to all involved, What a brilliant event, so may kudos to Col Scott and all involved, especially the volunteers.
Highlight has to be the huge rock wall sections, (stayed at these all Saturday) and how well the riders handled the wet and muddy conditions
Just bloody brilliant :D

BorisTas
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: '12 Cabby , TRL260
Club: TMTC

Postby BorisTas » Wed May 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Simply not enough superlatives , to do The Organizers (inc Volunteers) , The Riders , or The Course justice

THANK -YOU all involved !!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

"I'm all for buying more bikes more often. Why pay off the morgage or save for retirement or stick your money in super, buy bikes and live." {Craypot}

Return to “Trials Talk”