Shirts Out, Why?

Non-specific topics of any nature.

Moderator: Moderators

tat ty
Expert participant
Expert participant

Re: Shirts Out, Why?

Postby tat ty » Tue May 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Seem to remember a certain twinshock rider doing the rounds of Pacific Park in his (somewhat smaller) daughters ballet leotard not long ago.

Alastair

Greg Harding
Golden Basket of Smiles
Golden Basket of Smiles
Bike: NUMEROUS
Club: LRMTC & SQTA

Postby Greg Harding » Wed May 22, 2013 8:25 am

tat ty wrote:Seem to remember a certain twinshock rider doing the rounds of Pacific Park in his (somewhat smaller) daughters ballet leotard not long ago.

Alastair

Hi Everyone,

Alistair,This is a wild stab in the dark guess: Her name was Josephine? :D

2017 Newsflash: RUST IS THE NEW BLING !
Team Hardwood, the only licenced trials riders in Coffs Harbour!
Miles of Smiles
Greg Harding

matt monk
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: beta
Club: sqta

Postby matt monk » Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 pm

I never imagined that my shirt not tucked in could irritate anyone at a mototrials event . seriously why?? everyone has a different opinion about what looks good or irritating.lighten up rod lifes too short to be irritated by such trivia.bugs in your eyes are irritating. I ride my Harley in the rain with my wetsuit on also because its comfortable. greg as a boy scout mom made garters out of elastic that cut off the circulation to our feet but kept our socks up so as not to irritate the scout master . the braces are a great idea I reckon .rod the more your irritated the less you will be happy your choice.

i was young and silly then i,m so much older now!

tat ty
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby tat ty » Wed May 22, 2013 7:04 pm

Never met the delightful young lady myself Greg, but I reckon you are well on the money .

A certain individual with a dead wallaby strapped to the seat of his bike to enhance to comfort level on the day.

Alastair.

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Wed May 22, 2013 7:44 pm

tat ty wrote:Never met the delightful young lady myself Greg, but I reckon you are well on the money .

A certain individual with a dead wallaby strapped to the seat of his bike to enhance to comfort level on the day.

Alastair.

Alastair a friend of mine years ago had a strip of kangaroo hide sewn up the centre of the seat of his Laverda Jota. The hide was furry side down and was intended to provide grip for his bum when accellerating

relax, nothing is under control

tat ty
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby tat ty » Wed May 22, 2013 9:18 pm

David

In joke.

The individual concerned came with us on our summer do.

Prepped the bike with a few layers of foamy stuff held down in the seat area with bungy cords. Totally acceptable in my view.

(Could be said that would be more preparation than I would do on some rides).

Along the way the wallaby availed itself.

Looked pretty comfy to me.

Alastair.

Rod
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: GG & Fantic.
Club: Trials Club of Qld.

Postby Rod » Thu May 23, 2013 7:26 pm

I've got a new irritation, that rear mudguard on the latest Beta's that points to the sky, it's driving me crazy!

The shirt out thing is just something i didn't notice much of when i rode trials in the '80s and '90s. I don't actively ride trials these days, but still like to stay in contact with the sport via sites like this. These days i ride a gasgas enduro bike in the bush with my mates when i can find the time but always have my shirt tucked in :D

gmatho58
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: scorpa sr280

Postby gmatho58 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Shirt what shirt

ianrogers
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Beta Beta Beta
Club: SQTA

Postby ianrogers » Sat May 25, 2013 10:03 am

I think for a lot of us Pre 65'ers, and some post too for that matter, it's more to do with, "does my bum look big in this?" with "bum" easily substituted for "beer gut" in some instances! After all, vanity isn't just confined to the other higher profile glamour motorcycle disiplins is it?

"The older I get the better I was"

Mark K
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: TY175, OSSA MAR
Club: WDTC

Postby Mark K » Sat May 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Rod wrote:I've got a new irritation, that rear mudguard on the latest Beta's that points to the sky, it's driving me crazy! ..............
I’m at a loss to understand the problem here, Rod. If we look at this logically the mudguard fills two main purposes. If one was to perhaps remove it, firstly the rider or alternatively some delicate parts of the machinery would be splashed or showered with water or mud or dirt or rocks or other various parts of the countryside, which could range in anything from uncomfortable to downright dangerous. (Remember we already disclosed in the shirt conversation that people prefer comfort).

Secondly if we removed the mudguard then under certain circumstances, and particularly on extremely steep downhill bits, certain overhanging or dangling bits of rider may become in contact with the tyre and could cause anything ranging from a bit of a nasty bump through to the worst case scenario of the offending bits becoming entangled in the tyre and dragged around and wrapped around the wheel .

Now that last possibility would have severe consequences, and not just the obvious medical ones. Such an entanglement would most likely impede forward motion. As most of us are aware the FIM has been working on bringing in non-stop rules for world championships, and such rules might in due course filter down to all the grades and classes. In the future such an entanglement might not only cause castration and / or disembowelment, but also the loss of 5 points, and nobody wants to see that ………………..

Unless that’s where you’re headed, Rod. Are you perhaps looking to return to the good old days of the blood sports like we used to see when the Colosseum was still in its prime?

Oh, wait… Is it the pointing to the sky bit that you don’t like? Would you perhaps prefer that all riders of late model Betas fit nice shiny metal wrap around mudguards like the ones on my 41 year old OSSA?

Return to “Waiting in the queue”