Post your, Backyard Practice Sections

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

Andy
B grade participant
B grade participant

Re: Post your, Backyard Practice Sections

Postby Andy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:30 pm

........a big thanks to Steve for allowing us to play in his backyard last weekend, Cameron had a ball and as you can see on this picture, he's starting to get his balancing skills fine tuned. I think you might just get a few more phone calls from him in the future.

The low balancing sleepers:

Balancing sleepersred.jpg

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:30 am

Thats a great set of images of Cameron, Andy. My wife asked me to ask how you matched the images so well (so she can have a go at something similar)

relax, nothing is under control

Andy
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby Andy » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:29 pm

No not true, he's one of triplets...... :D

I just took them into a graphics package ( Corel Draw) and moved them and scaled them until they looked close. I do have a panorama option on the camera software but those are actually Steve's pics so I had to make do with a bit of mucking about.

Andy

sharvie
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby sharvie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:11 am

And here it is with our mystery ridder removed and a bit of grass added in
Attachments
Balancing%20sleepersred.jpg
Balancing%20sleepersred.jpg (54.3 KiB) Viewed 8515 times

Sharvie ~ Maitland NSW

Andy
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:45 am

I reckon this photoshop stuff might come back to haunt you Steve.......the truth will raise it's ugly head one day......you know what i'm talking about....rules and all that.....

But anyway, getting rid of the mystery rider, or shall we call him 'The Stig', has done his reputation no favours. In my picture he is clearly very adept at stationary balancing whilst you just ignored his skills and removed him altogether....

Greg Harding
Golden Basket of Smiles
Golden Basket of Smiles
Bike: NUMEROUS
Club: LRMTC & SQTA

Postby Greg Harding » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

Steve, Not hard to see why your backyard stump is no longer a tree, pretty close to the house, I like your sequence shots! Need to hold power on that stump or it could get messy!

Andy, great photoshop work, want to learn how to do that, makes for impressive photos!

Another frontyard obstacle, this time its the "T" saw, so named because the pivot is the axle (closer to the ground.)Needed to get some practice on a TY175 for the Twinshock Masters as the competition is pretty stiff with some exotic machinery. Following Mark`s lead, decided to add some horsepower, just what a 175 needs. This one is adjustable by chocking the wheels which limits movement (a bit like wearing jocks). Or leave it on hard flat ground so it can roll around whichever way it feels (more like wearing boxers or freeballing)!
Attachments
IMGP3751.JPG
IMGP3750.JPG
IMGP3748.JPG

2017 Newsflash: RUST IS THE NEW BLING !
Team Hardwood, the only licenced trials riders in Coffs Harbour!
Miles of Smiles
Greg Harding

Reinald
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: SWM TL320 1982
Club: WDTC

Postby Reinald » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:14 am

Hey Greg, Is it just me or is that grey pony eyeing off your backyard obstacle [damn impressive too] and saying to himself "I can do that....".
They're cunning you know.....what about Donkeys ? can they keep their feet up?
Woo I going back to Steve's rules, I have lost the plot with all these mammals freakin' me out.

I'd rather be a D grade participant than an A grade spectator....

sharvie
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby sharvie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:44 am

Greg Harding wrote:Hi Everyone,

Steve, Not hard to see why your backyard stump is no longer a tree, pretty close to the house, I like your sequence shots! Need to hold power on that stump or it could get messy!

Are you thinking the tree was cut down so it didn't fall on the house or to create more practice sections? It was a win, win really. The trunk it the first log in the log gap pics.

When ridding the stump you do need to get it spot on or it will get ugly.

Like the "T" saw, looks like you have enough man made obstacles to keep yourself entertained.

Steve

Sharvie ~ Maitland NSW

Greg Harding
Golden Basket of Smiles
Golden Basket of Smiles
Bike: NUMEROUS
Club: LRMTC & SQTA

Postby Greg Harding » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:50 am

Hi Everyone,

Think it`s about time we revisited this and add some more shots, are you sitting down Mark?

Yes, some more Frontyard Obstacles, I have forgoten all of the rules, so I will make them up as we go.

This time it`s the Twister ("S" shaped See Saw) which also has seen quite a bit of action at the Bucca Trial and Queenaland Titles. When I made this, I wanted it to be narrower than it is, ie the line that you ride is quite narrow or your back wheel runs off the side. Added to the fact that the tripping action upsets your balance, has created quite a few spectacular busters and some VERY unappreciative comments that I won`t repeat here. Makes my day and the effort to make it all worth while!
Attachments
IMGP4018.JPG
Perhaps some times my attempts are half assed!
IMGP4024.JPG
Jorja is always keen for some action!
IMGP4020-2.JPG
Down to the right stupid!

2017 Newsflash: RUST IS THE NEW BLING !
Team Hardwood, the only licenced trials riders in Coffs Harbour!
Miles of Smiles
Greg Harding

sharvie
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby sharvie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:55 am

Seeing as I have moved house recently I no longer have my "Back Yard Practice Section" :(

Before moving to the new place I made a creek about 60m long, not all that difficult to ride though. Will see if I can post some pics.

Any others got "back Yard Practice sections" they can post?

Sharvie ~ Maitland NSW

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”