Ways to get more people into trials?

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kombivan
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 349 Cota
Club: NA

Re: Ways to get more people into trials?

Postby Kombivan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:32 am

blue tack $100.00 bills to trees around the track to collect without putting your feet on the ground.

TaffyEvans
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Harley D
Club: None

Postby TaffyEvans » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:06 pm

That would help get section setters :D
Cheers Taff

Twinshock200
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Classics & Twinshock
Club: SQTA

Postby Twinshock200 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Maybe the newly advertised position of President of the MA Trials Commission will be able to assist with some innovative suggestions and perhaps even some "cash" to assist clubs with this initiative. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,, Isn't this the sort of problem they should get involved in ???

Pre 65 Classic bikes

TaffyEvans
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Harley D
Club: None

Postby TaffyEvans » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:07 am

Hi all, I reckon there are a lot of good recommendations [and they all work] on the first page of this thread, there's possibly more to go on this page.

We just got two more riders and a guy looking for a bike for his son. And a big win was the local Honda dealer [I mentioned earlier] just bought his young son a Sherco, all in the last couple of months. It's up to us all to do our bit towards building the sport. Next [hopefully] pro trials demo's at our local annual show day and swap-meet/car show. There you go two suggestions for this page. :lol: Cheers Taff.

jml
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Gas Gas Racing 125
Club: Wollongong Motor Cycle Club

Postby jml » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:12 pm

Stout wrote:Regarding the Facebook page suggestion, is there something wrong with this one?

https://www.facebook.com/TrialsAustralia

I was thinking of something more along the lines of "https://www.facebook.com/groups/sydneysridersgroup", The TrialsAustralia can only be posted by admins of the page, SR allows anyone to post.

SQUAT 405
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: beta 13 factort 300
Club: S.Q.t.A.

Postby SQUAT 405 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:22 am

Hi all ,,,if you were out at Gap Creek on the weekend you should have noticed the amount of enduro type riders observing the action with interest as quit a few were asking questions ,The joint venture type trial LMORCC,and SQTA was a showcase for OBSERVED MOTO TRIALS,,,,with 60 starters and all but 1 section observed by the ever consistant observer fleet,,was the best display of the sport as it should be run ,,,,more events run like this would bring the sport to the allready motorcycle minded people in their own back yard!!!Would have to say that its been a long time since ive ridden a trial with so many people watching ,, i even heard some one clapping a ride from one of the a grede riders =D> Would like to thank evreyone that attended the trial,and all those who put in the effort to help,, =D> jb

Twinshock200
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Classics & Twinshock
Club: SQTA

Postby Twinshock200 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:16 am

Couldn't agree more JB, it was my first trial for a few months, the sections were great for my grade, the location was superb and the company was excellent as usual.
I was quite amused by all the spectators sitting on the bank watching section 1, I had to try a bit harder to save making a fool of myself.
I've been arguing for many years that 90% of the riders in any trial just go to enjoy their ride and if the organisers send them home with a smile on their faces then they have put on a good event, its all down to section severity.
By the way I discovered that my old Trumpy is a bit of a chic magnet to some lovely ladies who made comments to me about it during the trial,,,, ooooeeee.
I will be a bit more organised by the time next season comes along and will be chomping at the bit to get back into helping more.

Great event SQTA & LRMTC
Galps

Pre 65 Classic bikes

No_Style
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby No_Style » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:39 pm

I'll comment on this as someone who is sniffing around the edges (with no previous trials experience). For me the thing that would be most effective is a 'come and try' type of day. In fact that's what I've been trying to arrange myself! (well, not just for myself, also for some mates that I do road race trackdays with). I've tried to get something together through Trials Experience (a few different calls made on different days, 0 answers or response to messages) or Trials Academy (spoke with one of the people from Hell Team last week and hopefully they will get back to me this week regarding possible dates).

The reason it's so relevant for me is to try out a trials bike. I really want to know (before I have ponied up all the money) whether or not I'm interested enough in trials alone to get a pure trials bike, or; if I'm only interested enough to get a crossover thing like a KTM Freeride and dabble around in trials. I know I will enjoy trials, the question for me is will I enjoy it enough to give up the possibility of a registrable trail bike (since I don't have the cash for both)?

The only way I can see to solve my query is try it myself, it just seems to be really hard to find a way of doing that!
Maybe you could look at getting permission to put on a demo at some of the track days at major tracks such as Eastern Creek or Phillip Island, then once you have drummed up some imagination in people, hand out flyers for a 'come and try' day a month or two later. Similarly, try arranging the same sort of thing with the California Super Bike School, at least you know you have an audience of people that is genuinely interested in trying to improve their skills there.

jml
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Gas Gas Racing 125
Club: Wollongong Motor Cycle Club

Postby jml » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:12 pm

No_Style wrote:I'll comment on this as someone who is sniffing around the edges (with no previous trials experience). For me the thing that would be most effective is a 'come and try' type of day. In fact that's what I've been trying to arrange myself! (well, not just for myself, also for some mates that I do road race trackdays with). I've tried to get something together through Trials Experience (a few different calls made on different days, 0 answers or response to messages) or Trials Academy (spoke with one of the people from Hell Team last week and hopefully they will get back to me this week regarding possible dates).

Hey No_Style, I was actually where you are now around 3 months ago. I went to the Trials Academy and it was a blast, really got me motivated to start riding trials and last week I completed my first club trial down in Kiama. I wholeheartedly recommend following up with Paul from THT (The Hell Team) about the training day, It definitely gave me motivation to buy a bike and begin my adventure in the sport. I believe the "Trials Experience" guys may have packed up shop, as I found the same thing when trying to contact them.

It seems that most clubs are now winding down for the end of year break, Pacific Park is having an Xmas party trial http://www.trials.com.au/events/new-sou ... arty-trial it would be worth just coming down for a look/chat, as it's going to be the most relaxed event of the year. I spectated a few times (Kiama/Pacific Park/Mt. Kembla) and it made me want to ride so badly. =D>

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:26 pm

Come up to the Pac Park XMas Party Trial on the 14th December, and I'm sure I will be able to arrange for you to have a "try" on something!
The directions to Pacific Park are on their website: www.pacificpark.com.au

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

Return to “Trials Talk”