Ossa MAR '74

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

Rod
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: GG & Fantic.
Club: Trials Club of Qld.

Re: Ossa MAR '74

Postby Rod » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:57 pm

I'd like to find a new 12mm rear axle for my MAR, it's only slightly bent but the thread is a bit sad. Haven't seen any available on the Ossa websites I know of. Ross Grimsey mentioned something about Suzuki TS 185 axles maybe fitting. Anyone had any experience finding something that fits?

mrgor
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby mrgor » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Hello, Have successfully Sealed an Ossa MAR and Ossa Super Pioneer Petrol Tanks using the Caswell Sealer products.
Go to http://www.caswellplating.com.au/store
Like Many products, if you FOLLOW the INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY, you will get the desired result.
We did and it worked,
Ron S

Rod
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Rod » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Thanks Ron, I did buy the Caswell Tank Sealer kit but never got to apply it due to my own stupidity. I followed their instructions regarding acetone and Tek screws to clean and roughen the inside of the tank, foolishly I left some acetone in the tank overnight and it ate through the fibreglass resin. Now my tank leaks like a sieve(never refitted it to bike) as it was obvious the damage I'd done. Awaiting a new tank from Steve Eastham in Vic. My Caswell kit sits on the workbench unused.

Rod
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Rod » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:34 pm

Rod wrote:I'd like to find a new 12mm rear axle for my MAR, it's only slightly bent but the thread is a bit sad. Haven't seen any available on the Ossa websites I know of. Ross Grimsey mentioned something about Suzuki TS 185 axles maybe fitting. Anyone had any experience finding something that fits?

Found this on ebay from NZ for anyone chasing a rear axle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OSSA-Titanium-R ... 58cb4ad093

Ross Grimsey
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Bultaco

Postby Ross Grimsey » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:41 pm

I used a Yamaha CT1 rear axle on my Ossa, Think i had to change the wheel bearings to suit the thicker axle, Didnt help much, they still bent !

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”