Road reg trials bikes

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

pop
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: klx

Re: Road reg trials bikes

Postby pop » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:58 am

Jon V8 wrote:Thanks for the replies,sounds like any typical govt department... Keeping it all going around in circles to justify their own existence.My brother had a very frustrating time recently trying to register a boat trailer in WA that came from South Australia, and I thought the UK / Europe were leaders in red tape !

Yep, we have more rules,laws, taxes,insurance policies,keep out signs,fences then anywhere on the planet.

Jon V8
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Ty250,Ht5.
Club: Bath Classic

Postby Jon V8 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:41 pm

pop wrote:
Jon V8 wrote:Thanks for the replies,sounds like any typical govt department... Keeping it all going around in circles to justify their own existence.My brother had a very frustrating time recently trying to register a boat trailer in WA that came from South Australia, and I thought the UK / Europe were leaders in red tape !

Yep, we have more rules,laws, taxes,insurance policies,keep out signs,fences then anywhere on the planet.

I've spent the last couple of weeks in QLD and WA, and its good to see that the population are still enjoying themselves - ignoring signs that need ignoring.... :lol:

Dino
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby Dino » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:56 am

Jon I have seen pics of Montesa's 4RT 'street' in their manual on the Montesa's web site, maybe this might have a chance at ADR. Basically a 4RT with lights, different exhaust,mirrors and blinker setup. Has anybody heard if they can be reg. in Australia , suppose they would have to be ordered in from Spain but I think most MOntesa's are like that anyway.
Agree this is a problem as like you am looking at trials bike to do a bit of trail riding & tech. Stuff with the option of competition down the track. Areas to ride not far away so would love to be able to ride it from home without the trouble of loading it on trailer & leaving trailer & car besides road for any clown to try and knock off , also state forestry would be a huge bonus.
I had a few IT175's in my day, I think the D was ok but had to take baffles out of the exhaust on the F to get it to run well. I think at the time my brother was riding a YZ465 in Enduros registered to a farmer as a DT400 out west so where.
Back on track ,how do we get rid of ADR system.

markil
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby markil » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:42 pm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GAS-GAS-TXT- ... 25ad1dd066

Anyone know anything about the rec rego on this one in VIC?

sdelve
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby sdelve » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Registered the KT250 in Qld last week
Needed a safety cert, showing pre compliance.CTP pre paid, proof of ownership and a cert from Kawasaki proving the bike was built pre July 75.Only add to the standard lighting kit and horn was a right hand mirror.
Qld Transport were very helpful, didn't need to take the bike for an inspection.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (187.77 KiB) Viewed 34346 times

don.howison
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby don.howison » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:35 pm

The mirrors a nice touch!

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Well we finally have a modern Trials bike that can be registered. The compliance came through on the Gas Gas Randonne 200cc 4T today.
The bike will now be able to be purchased with full road compliance, and be able to be road registered in EVERY state in Australia.
The bikes will have an Australian Government compliance plate fitted to them, and can be ridden anywhere a registered bike is able, and many places they cant!
It was a mission, and there was a lot of hoops we had to jump through , but it is done!
Pricing will be set next week, and bikes will be available in the next few weeks.
regards

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

tat ty
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby tat ty » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:20 pm

Well done Paul.

HUGE EFFORT

Wish you great success.

Alastair Farquhar

skippy
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby skippy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:01 am

Excellent news!

skippy

mattyl01
Website Wrangler
Website Wrangler
Bike: GasGas
Club: Matt Langtree

Postby mattyl01 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:28 pm

Great effort and thanks Paul and The Hell Team for putting in the legwork to make this happen.

Return to “Trials Talk”