TLR200 CDI and Coils Replacements

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

Gravy
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Vertigo/Fantic
Club: DMCC

Re: TLR200 CDI and Coils Replacements

Postby Gravy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:26 pm

G'day Julz, good to hear you got the old girl going. I have an 84 TLR200 that I compete on regularly which has seen a great deal of development work to get it to where it is now. I had heard of the Trike ignition and cam being a good upgrade to the TLR, also thought an XR200 coil would have been the same apparently not. I have been fiddling with jetting also trying to get rid of the hesitation off idle, and making it easier to start from cold. Currently running a #40 pilot and #112 main, I have a #38 and #42 Pilot on the way to try out. Current indications are that the #38 should help with both issues. I have also had it running on an OKO flatslide which gave a much snappier throttle response which I liked. had to run a pod filter with the stock air box removed though. A custom alloy air box is on the drawing board over xmas. I have done other mods to the bike also to make it more competitive, happy to share info if your interested. I'll post a pic later.
Cheers Graeme
Attachments
TLR.jpg
TLR.jpg (185.19 KiB) Viewed 7955 times

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”