Conondale Twinshock Masters, Nov 5 2017

News & last-minute updates for trials events. Need directions? Ask in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve S
C grade participant
C grade participant

Conondale Twinshock Masters, Nov 5 2017

Postby Steve S » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:33 am

Hi folks. I'm thinking of going along to photograph the Nov 5th trial at Conondale, if there are sufficient entries. Does anybody have any idea what the entry list looks like or how much interest there is?

Also, what is the terrain like at the venue? I have to decide how much gear to take and don't want to give myself a hearty carrying too much if it's spread out and hilly.

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

TerrY
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Beta 200
Club: WDTC

Re: Conondale Twinshock Masters, Nov 5 2017

Postby TerrY » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:05 pm

Steve,

This trial is THE trial for Twinshocks and Classics. There will be about 100 entries if past years are anything to go by. Entries are not yet open.
The venue is relatively flat with lots of sections along a creek and in the shade. There will be some walking to other sections with a couple of short pinches and a creek crossing 200 mm deep. The whole loop would be about 1 Km in length.

You could come up Sat arvo and if you book in for a meal via Nominate, you can enjoy WDTC Presentation Night.

Cheers,
The French Gentleman Rider

Steve S
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby Steve S » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi Terry
Thanks for that. Weather permitting, I'll be there. I will indeed arrive Saturday but I have a prior commitment for the evening, though I might be able to wriggle out of that.

outforfun
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: 2002 Sherco 290

Postby outforfun » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:30 pm

This great event is getting closer and still no entry details on Nominate... I do hope it's not only on facetwitter or I won't be there....

Bully fanatic
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Bultaco sherpa T
Club: westerndistricttrialsclub

Postby Bully fanatic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:41 pm

We are hoping the Supplementry Regulations will be up on Nominate tomorrow. When they are there will be a post put up on the Trials Australia front page and on the WDTC Facebook page.

Mark K
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: TY175, OSSA MAR

Postby Mark K » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:48 pm

They are indeed now up and open

TerrY
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Beta 200

Postby TerrY » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi everyone,

As well as the official WDTC Twinshock & Classic Trial there is an unofficial Pensioner Challenge Bicycle Ride on Saturday morning 4 Nov at 6.00 am. This in no way related to WDTC but a lot of the members also ride bicycles and try to beat me ( the pensioner ) on a ride on public roads from the Conondale site to Kenilworth for coffee and return ride to Conondale. All riders ride at their own risk.

The distance is 26 Km one way, 52 Km return. We average about 25 Km/hr so it takes about an hour riding each way. The coffee/breakfast is about 1-1.5 hours 'so we are back by about 9-9.30 am for the rest of the day's activities. Some riders have a friend drive to Kenilworth and give them a lift back. Other friends are welcome to drive to Kenilworth to join us just for the coffee/breakfast part.

So get your training started NOW if you think you can beat me. Actually it is a bit late as I have been training for this since 1985.

Cheers,
Terry Telfer ( the pensioner )

outforfun
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: 2002 Sherco 290

Postby outforfun » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:26 am

Just a friendly reminder that with the recent rain our little buzzing pals are highly active of a evening and all day in the shady treed spots at home here in Nanango and I imagine that the same can be said for Conondale, especially along the creek behind the camp site.

So as the saying goes... Remember the Aeroguard...and 'ave a good weekend.

Steve S
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby Steve S » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:14 am

Indeed. I just got back from my morning walk through Venman Bushland (near Mt Cotton) and the mozzies were fierce, hungry and plentiful. Warm and damp - just how they like it.

Return to “Event news”