TY250 Tank decals

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: TL125 TY175 GG280
Club: VJMC

TY250 Tank decals

Postby Jools » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:20 pm

I can't find anywhere a supply of the 'YAMAHA' logo decal for the tank of the TY250B.
It's the version which is a black outline (1.5mm thick) on a white/transparent background. Measures approx 38mm h x 142 w.
Is anyone else in the same boat?
I have traced and re-created the decal lettering in .AI and am preparing artwork to have some decals signcut in vinyl, is anyone else interested in a pair? (For my sins I was a graphic designer in a past life).

Or do you know where I can buy these decals?

-Jools

tat ty
Expert participant
Expert participant

Re: TY250 Tank decals

Postby tat ty » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Gary Mc on this forum.

Alastair

Jools
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Jools » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Alastair, perhaps you can elaborate...
A search on 'Gary Mc' doesn't reveal anything to do with TY tank decals.
?

tat ty
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby tat ty » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:26 am

Jool's just search "decals" and you will find Gary Mc has left a few postings (even responded to you). Then PM him.

Failing that, Francetrialclassic has the TY tank decals.

Alastair

Jools
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Jools » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 am

The tank decals Francetrial classic has for sale are smaller - (they say for the "first" model). the B stickers that I need are the same style but are larger at 13.8cm letter height as opposed to 13.5cm letter height.
The ebay link that I found has no photos and no dimensions. Not much use.
I'll PM Gary. The B looks to have different heat-shield decals too, but I'll retain my existing one so don't need that.

OTH I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill! :oops:
The size of Francetrial decals is not much difference, and they're only about 7 Euros each.

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 am

Jools wrote:The tank decals Francetrial classic has for sale are smaller - (they say for the "first" model). the B stickers that I need are the same style but are larger at 13.8cm letter height as opposed to 13.5cm letter height.
I'll PM Gary. The B looks to have different heat-shield decals too, but I'll retain my existing one so don't need that.

The size of Francetrial decals is not much difference, and they're only about 7 Euros each.

Did you get far enough to get the postage cost for the stickers from FranceTrialClassic? I went to buy some stickers from there a while back and the postage was going to be about $100AU
PS I'm interested in getting some TY tank decals soon so please post about it if you have success. I don't care if they are exactly the right size or not as long as they are the sort that are individual letters and in the style of the original. Years ago I used to buy them from a place in Lidcombe, NSW. I think it was Motographics or something like that and the person making them was Dan Murdoch. They were excellent quality. I think they used to advertise in Just Motor Bikes magazine. They used to make the exhaust shield decals too.

relax, nothing is under control

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:52 am

There's also a place in the UK that makes great tank decals and I've bought from them a few times and even had some custom decals made there. Haven't looked for Yamaha stuff there yet though. Anglia Vinyl Art it's called and they sometimes list decals on eBay

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:54 am

Jools wrote:The tank decals Francetrial classic has for sale are smaller - (they say for the "first" model). the B stickers that I need are the same style but are larger at 13.8cm letter height as opposed to 13.5cm letter height.

13.5cm letter height?????????????

Jools
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Jools » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:30 am

Ooooh yes David... in another life that erroneous measurement could have cost me big-time!!! Eeeek!
3.5cm and 3.8cm of course. (I always work in mm really, but many people use cm, that's why I used cm :oops: ).
That postage cost from France is insane!
If we have someone on the forum who has access to a vinyl cutter, I can supply good artwork. Or if I can get a few orders I'll go ahead and get 'em vinyl cut myself. (Cost price).
Here's the artwork I've done so far - not a final file, -it's low-res and letterforms need refinement, but it gives the idea.
Attachments
YamTYlogo3.gif
YamTYlogo3.gif (65.83 KiB) Viewed 7295 times

tat ty
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby tat ty » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Trevor Bennett will know how to contact Gary. Ill ask him.

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”